Leaf & Snow Buddies - For Volunteers
Snow Buddies give students and adult volunteers the opportunity to be matched with a senior, helping keep their driveway/pathway clear of snow and raking of leaves in the fall and spring. This assistance will help prevent falls. The Snow Buddies program is a great opportunity for students to gain volunteer experience, receive community service hours and help out in their community.
- Goal to match student or adult volunteers with seniors in immediate area
- Provide free snow removal of driveway and walkways to home including salting and raking of leaves in the fall and spring
- Helps prevent slips and falls and allows clients to get out in the winter
- Client provides shovel & salt
- Free service is based on availablilty of volunteers in immediate area
What's in it for students:
- Community service hours
- Develop communication skills
- Build self-esteem
- Volunteer experience for résumé
- Reference from CSSN
- Make a difference in your community
- Have fun being active and helping someone
The Leaf & Snow Buddies program is also open to adult volunteers who wish to help out in their community. Please call us to see if we have a client in need of snow removal or raking of leaves in your area.
For more information about becoming a volunteer Leaf & Snow Buddie call Darlene at 905-682-3800 ext. 35.
To Download Student Application Form - Click Here
Leaf & Snow Buddies For Clients
If you are a senior or adult with disabilities living in the Niagara region and would like a Leaf & Snow Buddie volunteer to help with snow removal, please call Darlene at 905-682-3800 ext. 35.
- Clients under the age of 60 may require a doctor`s note.
- We cannot guarantee a volunteer will be available in your neighbourhood. Clients without a match will be placed on a waitlist.
APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE
FAXED TO 905-682-2957
OR CAN BE MAILED TO:
3-320 Vansickle Rd
St. Catharines, ON L2S 0B4
To Download Client Application Form - - Click Here
(adults 60+ or adults with disabilities)
Seniors and adults with disabilities. Eligibility criteria differs for each service. Please check with coordinators for more details.
Becoming a Leaf & Snow Buddies Client
- By telephone to your local community office.
- Basic intake information will be requested.
- Full address including postal code, date of birth, two emergency contact people with their names and phone numbers, billing address and other relevant information needed to provide a specific service.
Niagara and surrounding area:
St. Catharines office at 905-682-3800 ext. 35
Client Intake Form
Privacy & Consent
Community Support Services of Niagara respects your privacy. We protect all personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting the privacy of our client, volunteers, staff and home workers. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. We use personal information to provide services and keep you informed and up-to-date on the activities of CSSN, including services and opportunities to volunteer.