Free home assessments and recommendations to help seniors remain safely in their homes. The service includes installation of grab bars, home repairs and snow removal to prevent falls.
The program also provides education for fall prevention and referral to other services.
The program includes:
- Free personalized home assessments with recommendations.
- Snow removal by volunteers - Snow Buddies.
- Referrals to other services and agencies.
- Referral to Brokered Workers for home maintenance and repairs.
Why Safety at Home?
- People are injured at home more than any other place.
- The program helps seniors live independently in their own home.
- Download Safety at Home brochure (English only) - CLICK HERE
Type of jobs completed :
What people are saying about the program:
"The Safety at Home program has made such a difference to me. In recent weeks, I followed all your recommendations and I was happy to call you to tell you. Thank you!"
"The grab bars in the bathroom make me feel so much safer to take a shower and get up from the toilet. I feel much more independent and confident that I can stay home. The grab bars and shower chair make such a difference and I do not need to sit in the bathtub and often I could not get out! Thank you."
Seniors and adults with disabilities. Eligibility criteria differs for each service. Please check with coordinators for more details.
Becoming a Client
- By telephone to your local community office.
- Basic intake information will be requested.
- Full address including postal code, date of birth, emergency contact and a valid OHIP card number.
Call Laurie, Safety at Home Service Coordinator, 905-682-3800 ext. 28
to book an assessment, more information or to refer someone.
Client Intake Form
Privacy & Consent
Community Support Services of Niagara respects your privacy. We protect all personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting the privacy of our client, volunteers, staff and home workers. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. We use personal information to provide services and keep you informed and up-to-date on the activities of CSSN, including services and opportunities to volunteer.
The Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit can help with the costs of improving safety and accessibility in your home.
For more information click the links below: