Category Archives: News & Events
Board of Directors Volunteer Posting
Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN) is a volunteer-based client driven community support services agency dedicated to helping seniors and adults with disabilities live independently in their own homes. Our services include: Meals on Wheels, Transportation, Homemaking Services, Friendly Visiting, Congregate Dining and Safety at Home.
CSSN is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for volunteer Board Members to support strategic oversight of operations and ensure sustainability and service excellence. The successful candidate is elected for a three-year term and must attend regular Board meetings and sit on at least one Board committee. As such, applicants must enjoy schedule flexibility such that they can attend at least one evening meeting monthly, and additional committee meetings/attendances as required. This usually translates into between five to ten hours per month.
Each year, the sitting Board assesses the strengths of the current Board and provides direction to the Nominating Committee as to which areas of expertise should be priorities for the upcoming election. Specific areas of expertise for the 2022 nominations include
- Board Governance in Not for Profits
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Individuals with lived experience
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
CSSN recognizes and embraces the benefits of diversity in Board members and is committed to the building and maintenance of an inclusive and high-functioning Board; as such, CSSN welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
- Must have prior board experience and governance knowledge
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Personable, professional, committed and reliable team player
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Passionate about community service
- Expertise in finance, accounting, fundraising, and/or marketing an asset
- Attend monthly board meeting and committee meetings as required
- Guide the organization towards a sustainable future establishing the strategic direction
- Ensure compliance for legal, financial and contractual obligations
- Ensure policies reflect community and membership
- Provide guidance and support to the Executive Director
Apply with a resume and statement of interest to email@example.com and indicate CSSN Board Member Application in subject line.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 20, 2022, 4:30pm