Summer Student Service Coordinator Position Description
Position: Summer Student Service Coordinator
Purpose: To assist full time Volunteer and Service Coordinators with daily job functions
Responsible to: CSSN Management
To assist CSSN Staff with the duties in any office or program site, duties may include:
• Complete client intake/assessment and documentation
• Determine client eligibility for services and makes appropriate referrals with client consent
• Ensure that special needs of client are addressed and make necessary changes to service delivery
• Monitor and follow up with client/caregiver/volunteer to determine satisfaction with services and documents results
• Maintain accurate and current client files, corresponding database and service records
• Work with Volunteer and Service Coordinators to determine need for volunteers and kinds of volunteer assignments
• Maintain confidentiality of client/volunteer information
• Participate as a CSSN team member, promoting the agency and making suggestions for improvements
• Prepare reports as requested
• Attend meetings and training sessions and maintain current knowledge of client related services
• To maintain a courteous and friendly manner to all persons on the telephone/in person including clients, volunteers, other agency personnel and outside agency personnel
• To assist the staff with office duties as assigned
• Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be between the ages of 18-30 and be returning to a post-secondary institution in September to resume full time studies
• To complete the screening process: application form, personal interview, sign confidentiality agreement and attend volunteer orientation and training.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a car available throughout the work day with a minimum of $1 Million liability insurance.
• To possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Office and computer experience an asset.
• To follow all CSSN policies and procedures.
• To have patience, understanding and enjoy helping others.
• Ability to speak a second language an asset.
- 35.00 hours per week
- 8 weeks
The student will be supervised directly by CSSN Management. Although directly supervised by management, the student will have the opportunity to work with staff in the office to learn specific roles and programs within the agency. Management will maintain an open door policy that will allow the student to learn and excel in this position.
This opportunity has been made possible by funding assistance provided by the Canada Summer Jobs program. To learn more about Canada Summer Jobs, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs.html